Wednesday 27 March 2013

Warning: Top Secret!


As I have told you, I have been lucky enough to try quite a few of the scrumptious treats that seem to be endlessly circulating the office.  All of them have delicious and have that certain taste and texture that you just can’t get from a box. 

But if I had to pick my favorite out of the cakes I have tried so far I would have to go with the cheesecake.  My roommates (who all get pre-teen girl excited whenever they come home and see the Family Cake Co. white box on our kitchen table) and I all agreed that it was the best cheesecake they had ever had! It was light and fluffy with a perfect buttery gram cracker crust….and something else…I made it my mission to find out the secret ingredient. 

At long last, after scare tactics, bribery, and endless hours of water boarding I finally got it out of them.  And the secret ingredient is…wait for it…..

White chocolate! Yummmm :-)




Here are some of our tips on how you too can get a light and fluffy cheesecake.

1.    Make sure you set out the cream cheese in advance; you want it to be at room temperature before adding it to the other ingredients.  Letting the cream cheese warm with allow it to mix better and become more fluffy.
2.    Beat cream cheese before mixing it with eggs and other ingredients, scraping the sides of the bowl as you beat.  This makes it light before other ingredients have a change to weight it down.
3.    Add other ingredients slowly and make sure your beater is on the lowest setting.

And If our tips sound like too much work you can always just order one of ours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment