Friday 9 November 2012

New Intern!

Arriving on my first day at Family Cakes, I was a bit nervous.  Here I was, a college student spending a semester in London and now starting my internship.  This would be my first time working in the U.K. which is quite a long way from my home back in Minnesota.

When I arrived, I was surprised to see how lively the staff were given they had been here since 3 a.m!  I felt a bit ashamed for yawning at 10.  I am still getting used to the surroundings and the tasks Dan has me do.  It's different than any other job I have had before.  I steered clear all day of the kitchen for fear or ruining a recipe or two.  But after Vincenzo and Anna left, I took some time to explore it.  It seemed confusing to me at a stand still.  I cannot even imagine what it is like during its busiest hours.  But, hopefully by the end of my time here, I will become more comfortable with it and maybe even get my hands a bit dirty! (Vincenzo permitting)  

Either way, FCC is looking to be a great place with great people and I look forward to spending the next 7 weeks here.

How can I not love this place??

1 comment:

  1. You'll gain a 'stone' or two eating all those cakes! Looks like a great place for an internship!

    ReplyDelete